Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Of Being A Nerd

They say it is important to be yourself. Good advise, unfortunately, in some situations it is easier said than done. Example: if you are a nerd.

So why is it such good advice? Why else, it feels great. I quote Monty Python. I brush up infinitely on video games. I make jokes about peoples mothers. Upon hearing things that could easily interpreted sexually, I do so, and then repeat them aloud for any one who is willing to listen. Did I mention that it all feels great?

But is being yourself only a guilty pleasure? Is doing what I like to do okay? After all, most behavior results in some degree of social suicide. Questions never stop coming though. Who cares about a social life? Is being an outcast who is himself better than being a popular kid who goes home every night and plays dungeons and dragons? Where do we draw the line? Can we truly choose rationally? What stays the same? What stays with us? Can I be myself later? Can I fit in later? Who cares? Who doesn’t? Does what I do today really affect how I am tomarrow? Why do I even wonder? Sad. Some day.

2 comments:

FO_FREE said...

UAIRTHAIRBTAEIRGYAPIGYAERILADIv

Mr. Ayers said...

Unadulterated, Asbesdos-Ingesting, Rabbit-Throwing, Antagonistic, Irradiated Rare Bulbasaurs Theorising About Energy Independence, ReGurgitating Your Applesauce Prior to InGesting Your Aunt's Emo-filled (Red) iPod Late After Dinner, which may Induce Vomiting.