Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Blacken White

There is something legitimately and profoundly indulging about simple black and white. I assume that a large percentage of people reading this would assume I would take the high road, and engage my self in a winding debate about race- were that the case, a large percentage of people don't know me (which is strikingly true when I think about it).

What I truely mean by my original satement is exactly what I say. Black and white is oddly appealing. Nothing in nature befenficial to our survival is black and white, and we have surely not been conditioned to like it, but the love is there. While black and white are elements of everything (the level of shading), their rare independance is treated with the awe it deserves. The endlessly depressingly vactant page that is my blog contains 6 links, 1 title, 2 posts, and 2 colors: somehow it still looks good to me.

And I am sure that this phenomenon applies not only to myself. Why is it that 99% of the text in the world is black or white (on white or black)? Like all politically correct decisions it is because it is the least offensive possibility, but at the same time were green and yellow a better combination plenty of others would type like that. It is only the politically correct thing to do BECUASE people accept it as an amazing combination.

Is it the only good combo? No. Was I just talking out of my ass? Only because i couldn't find the words to explain it in my mouth. Am I necessarily right? Not at all, all this is is a thought- and that's all you get. Run with it.

No comments: